Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Day 42

We finally have a front door. You can also see the shingles on the middle section of roof. You may ask "Why is there still some bundles of shingles sitting on top of the house Richard?" and I would answer, "Because the roofers still aren't done." Then I would throw in some colorful language that would make my Grandma wrinkle up her forehead in utter disgust, then she'd respond with "Oh for heaven's sake Richie, don't say that."

One interior thing that pleasantly surprised me today, was the delivery of the fireplace.


I walked through the house after work today and the plumber was still finishing up some sodering, and he filled me in on the timeline this week. He's been working with our builder for many many years, so he pretty much knows the rigamarole. He said that he did the plumbing on 62 houses built by Star Homes (our builder) last year.

The really good news I heard from him was the fact that the sheetrockers are starting Friday. This Friday. Day45 Friday. Which means all the plumbing, electrical, and HVAC will be completed before then. He said they'll need 2 days to finish sheetrocking, and the siding crew will need about 2 days. I asked him how long it would take after the sheetrock was installed to finish up the rest of the interior. 30 days? He laughed at me, and said.... "No way, much sooner then that".

???????????????????????????????????

Much sooner?

He said they've built houses in 60 days before when they're in a crunch.

Wowzer, looks like we may have a full month to move in, which will be nice, so we can take our time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you can totally tell the closet has been fixed.

Rich said...

Yeah, they did a good job changing it into what we wanted.