Thursday, July 27, 2006

Day 72

Are you ready for a retinal rampage, a visual assault, an eyeball onslaught, or maybe a pupil mugging?

Jesus, I need to pull it together.

I think I'm losing my mind.

I got a bunch of vented up camera frustration from not being able to get into the house. The flooring guys have been working late hours, which has kept me out for a couple of days, and it was driving me nuts. I was finally able to get in today at 8:00 pm to get some snapshots of their progress.

The hardwood flooring in the Great room/dining area is almost done. That area where there isn't hardwood is where the carpet goes. The reason there's an angle at the bottom of the picture is because it's like a mirror image of the fireplace. I figured it would look better like that, compared to having the floor come to a 90 degree corner. It's the little things people. The little things.


This is the rest of the Great Room and the hallway that goes back to the bedrooms. All hardwood. The pictures do the floors no justice. In person they look 1000 times better, even when they're dusty.


They also have the tiled backsplash done. They did a great job of laying it out, and we did a nice job of picking out the tile.


Our water heater finally has some company.
A nice high efficienty furnace from the good fellas at Lennox.


I wanted to show you our dining room light fixture too, because it's cool. See that little area on the floor that's not done yet? That's all they have to do tomorrow, and then the hardwood fellas will be done.


But, that's all the lighting you get to see. You'll have to come over and visit us to see the rest of the lights that Andrea and I picked out in our 4 1/2 hour, 2 day, light-picking-out-session.


Ahhh... I feel better now that I've shared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture of the blacksplash. I hear people talk about it ALL day every day and now I finally know what they are talking about!!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed the wood coming all the way down from the cupboards where your fridge is gonna be. I really like that A LOT.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...I seem to recall seeing the angled flooring corner instead of the 90 degree corner somewhere else...

Either way, its a simply BRILLIANT idea.