Friday, March 25, 2011

A new Era has begun!

After a very long week of Blue Collar Fantasy Camp at home, I finally have my home office complete:




For those of you who don't know, I started a new job about a month ago. One of the perks (besides being a casual dress code year round) of this new gig is that I can work at home whenever I want. I knew that I couldn't sit down in the man cave and get any work done in front of the TV, so I carved out some space in the basement and designed an area that felt official enough to work in. I wanted a space that was blocked off from the rest of the house, where I could just close the door and pretend to be at my job.

I'm now on "lunch break" during my first work from home day, and I must say, its working out quite nicely. I'm looking forward to more days like this, and saving a little $$ on gas.

I still love the professional environment and being around my team at work, but this is a nice perk to have at my disposal when I have personal appointments during the day, or when I just don't feel like going in.

No comments: